Come help us elevate the voices of grassroots Black visionaries and leaders in South Africa and Brazil!
The Emerge Project is on a growth track for 2018! We’ve got a vision and goals for this year; will you help us realize them?
We are looking for a team of volunteers to assist in the following areas:
Social Media and Marketing Specialists
At least two volunteers to develop and implement outreach strategies focused on:
- Targeting our featured short films (which show the work and impact of the leaders we have selected) to the right audiences
- Building our online presence and brand
At least two volunteers to produce written material twice a month each. This material can include:
- Opinion pieces
- Creative pieces
- With a principal focus on Black leadership and what’s working in Black communities: key players, social and economic impacts, opportunities, etc. Challenges and problems can also be addressed, as long as they are accompanied by examples of solutions.
Two or three volunteers to assist in the creation of our monthly short films. In particular, we are looking for:
- Cinematographer – to plan and execute filming strategies
- Production Assistant – to assist with on-location filming, and transcribing audio recordings
- Editor – to edit footage into final 8-minute film
One or two volunteers to help create and implement a fundraising strategy, to include:
- Researching potential funders
- Assisting with grant writing and funding applications
One volunteer to evaluate our project to date, including:
- Conducting surveys and interviews of our featured leaders
- Producing a final evaluation report with recommendations
All of our volunteer posts are six months in length, with the possibility for extension if so desired. A detailed scope of work will be provided for each position, upon appointment.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested!