The Emerge Project – Volunteer RecruitmentWe are looking for a team of volunteers to help us meet our goals.
The Emerge Project is a multimedia project that shines a spotlight on Black entrepreneurs and community leaders who are driving growth and development at the grassroots level in South Africa and Brazil.
All around the world, Black people—particularly those living in townships and favelas and other economically depressed areas—tend to be seen as needy, troublesome, incapable of generating solutions without outside direction. Our project aims to show that, in fact, the opposite is true: Black people—ordinary, everyday people—are constantly building and rebuilding, creating and solving, using their ingenuity and limited resources to change the world around them.
We use short films, photo essays, articles and blogs to show the real people and the real movements that are driving change at the grassroots level, with the goal of facilitating strategic and impactful partnerships and collaboration.
We are also a newly registered non-profit company in South Africa! 2018 is a year of growth for us, and we invite you to join us in our mission to elevate the voices of grassroots Black change-makers.
We are looking for a team of volunteers to help us meet our goals:
Social Media and Marketing Specialists
At least two volunteers to develop and implement outreach strategies focused on:
- Targeting our featured short films (which show the work and impact of the leaders we have selected) to the right audiences
- Building our online presence and brand
At least two volunteers to produce written material twice a month each. This material can include:
- Opinion pieces
- Creative pieces
- With a principal focus on Black leadership and what’s working in Black communities: key players, social and economic impacts, opportunities. Challenges and problems can also be addressed, as long as they are accompanied by examples of solutions.
Two or three volunteers to assist in the creation of our monthly short films. In particular, we are looking for:
- Cinematographer – to plan and execute filming strategies
- Production Assistant – to assist with on-location filming, and transcribing audio recordings
- Editor – to edit footage into final 8-minute film
One or two volunteers to help create and implement a fundraising strategy, to include:
- Researching potential funders
- Assisting with grant writing and funding applications
One volunteer to evaluate our project to date, including:
- Conducting surveys and interviews of our featured leaders
- Producing a final evaluation report with recommendations
All of our volunteer posts are six months in length, with the possibility for extension if so desired. A detailed scope of work will be provided for each position, upon appointment.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested!